Workshops: Levinson Hall, Student Center
Recruiting Displays: Dixon-McKenzie Dining Common, Davis Room (formerly known as the Family Room)
Registered representatives will receive two complimentary meal tickets for Monday’s lunch and supper. A light breakfast fellowship will be provided at Tuesday morning’s workshop, and BJU Press is hosting a complimentary luncheon on Tuesday (RSVP required for the luncheon).
Additional meals in our dining common may be purchased in the Kalmbach Room lobby of the dining common. The Kalmbach Room is open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m and hot meals are provided at the following times:
|Breakfast (7-10:15 a.m.)||$8.65|
|Lunch (11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.)||$10.50|
|Supper (4:30-7 p.m.)||$10.50|
|BJU Alumni Rate (with Alumni card)||$7.80|
|Small Packages or Items Sent by U.S. Mail:
Bob Jones University
Attn: Career Services / CSRC
1700 Wade Hampton Blvd.
Greenville, SC 29614
|Large Packages or Displays:
Central Receiving / Attn: Career Services
Bob Jones University
1430 Wade Hampton Blvd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Limited reserved parking in the Administration parking lot will be available to conference representatives on Monday & Tuesday. Orange cones will designate the reserved spaces.
- ‘Open Seating’: If the display fits on the standard 6-foot table provided, registered schools may choose their own display table upon arrival at check-in!!! First-come basis.
- However, if you have special needs—e.g. don’t need our table or need a larger table—we’ll pre-assign you to a space that is prepared to accommodate your need. Be sure to indicate any special needs on your registration form.
Registered representatives will receive a name tag which provides access to the workshop sessions, display area, and interviewing areas.
Refreshments will be available in the Davis Room for conference representatives when the displays are open.
Wireless Internet Access
Wireless internet access is available in the dining common and The Den. Login information will be provided in your check-in packet.
Connect with students prior to and during the conference to schedule interviews. Due to the President’s Day holiday, Monday will be the best day to connect with the student teachers. A directory of this year’s graduating education students is available here.
- Tables in the Kalmbach Room may be used for interviews. Enter through the Davis Room lobby door and remain in the back corner of the room.
- Tuesday evening after the conference–The Den (aka snack shop) may be used for interviews. Some seating is also available on the 2nd Floor of the Student Center.
Students Networking with Representatives
As part of their professional development, students of all classifications and majors will be networking with conference representatives to gain an understanding and appreciation for the scope of the ministries represented. While prospective graduates will be exploring potential employment opportunities, others will be:
- Acquainting themselves with school representatives as potential future employers.
- Identifying recurring needs related to their area of study and long-range goals.
- Identifying schools related to their preferences for school size and/or location, etc.
- Inquiring about church ministries connected with schools.
- Acquiring information that will assist them in their future decision-making process.
- Advice concerning the Lord’s leading and future employment.
- Teacher characteristics representatives seek.
- Characteristics and opportunities to consider in choosing a school.
While the conference seeks to help representatives identify prospects for immediate employment needs, the networking opportunities with younger students provides representatives the ability to nurture contacts for the future.
Be sure to use BJU’s online job board–networking students, alumni, and employers. Post your available positions and review “resume books” of potential candidates.
To schedule a campus visit during March or April for additional interviews, contact Career Services.