What companies match your self-assessment?
- Use Career Central to research company profiles. Match what you are seeking to what companies offer.
- Get involved with professional organizations related to your career field, whether in person, organizational newsletters, periodicals, or via LinkedIn.
- Research jobs and companies on their company sites and thoroughly review their online information. Use the Better Business Bureau or a specific career organization to look up comments about a company. You can also search online for news articles or related research about the organization.
- Complete an informational interview by calling the company and setting up an appointment.
- Talk to your professors, peers and family for suggestions and to expand your knowledge of specific companies.
- Make sure you research and keep track of potential salaries. Doing so will help you select certain companies or job titles if you have a specific budget.
“Researching Employers” — from NACE’s Job Choices, February 2013