A business card should give a brief summary of who you are:
- Name and contact information
- Major, graduation date, GPA (if 3.0 or higher), field of interest
- URLs or QR codes linking to personal and professional media
- Include the URL for any social media accounts on which you maintain a professional presence
- Consider including the URL for a personal blog, ePortfolio, or website with work samples, a resume, or other related material (consider including your Career Central portfolio URL and/or QR code so that employers can view your resume and other portfolio documents)
- Include your Customized LinkedIn URL only if you have a well-developed profile
Tailor the appearance of your business card to your target industry, but be sure to keep it legible and professional.
Business Card design resources:
- VistaPrint.com—You can get “free” professionally designed business cards for the price of postage
- Microsoft Publisher business card templates
- If you are a design student or have a friend or colleague in design, you may consider creating a custom design.
Print your business cards at an office supply store or copy center (i.e., Bellis Copy Center, Office Depot, FedEx Office, etc.). Some of the resources above also include printing, but with additional shipping time and costs.