Make Career Central Work for YOU!
What are saved searches? Saved searches alert you (via email) when there are new jobs posted to Career Central that meet the criteria you have selected. You can select to be updated on the search results automatically at an interval of your choice (every day, every week, every month, etc.).
Creating a Saved Search
Step 1: Initiate a new advanced job search.
- After logging in, click Job Postings/BJU Career Central Jobs and select the “Advanced Search” option to the right of the search bar.
- Select the search criteria you wish to use and click “Search.”
For certain criteria, you can select multiple values by holding down the CTRL key while you make your selections. It is best to start out with a broad search and narrow it down with additional criteria after you are satisfied with the results. Leave blank any search options that are not important to you.
- Your search results will display.
Step 2: Save your advanced job search.
- Select the “Saved Search” option to the right of the “Advanced Search.”
- Name your current search (e.g., engineering jobs, Atlanta jobs).
- Select the email update frequency (Never/Daily/Every Other Day, etc.).
- Select “yes” or “no” to receiving email notifications only when new search results have been found.
- Click “Save.”
Example: Period = Weekly, New Results Only = yes; you will get an email once a week with any new job results for your search.
You may change your search criteria, update the email frequency, or rename the search at any time by clicking the “Edit” button beside the desired saved search.
Results will be automatically emailed to you! You can also check on the results for saved searches any time by selecting “Saved Searches” and clicking on the name of the desired search.
Tip: The fewer items you select for search criteria, the more job opportunities you may have to view.
*Note that editing of saved searches may be limited in certain web browsers such as InternetExplorer.