Junior and senior accounting majors won’t want to miss this opportunity to “meet the firms” and graduate school representatives! Learn about internship and employment opportunities, and obtain information about some graduate school programs.
Make your plans to join us for this important career networking opportunity to help you prepare for the fall interview cycle which begins on the heels of this event.
1. RSVP your plans to attend by Friday, August 17. (Watch for your e-mailed invitation in late summer.)
2. Prepare or update your resume.
- Review these tips and resume examples specifically for accounting majors.
- Review the additional online tips and resume samples.
- Strengthen your resume by including a section on accounting course projects as illustrated here.
3. E-mail your resume polished draft to Career Services by Friday, August 10 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have it reviewed and receive feedback on how to best capture recruiter attention. The sooner you send it to us, the better!
4. Upload your finalized resume into Career Central (our online job board) by Friday, August 17.
- If your resume is already in Career Central, check to be sure it’s updated (target statement is accurate–internship or full-time; your most recent work experience and skills are updated, etc.)
- All resumes will receive a final review by Career Services when they are uploaded.
- Resumes will be shared with the accounting firm reps in advance of the Accounting Reception and also with the firms you wish to interview with during the Fall campus interview process.
5. Develop a business card that you can give to employers during the reception. This will help them remember you and it gives them a place to write notes about your conversation.
Business casual. To help you dress appropriately, take a look at these dress suggestions.
Check your campus e-mail regularly for information on the reception and interview opportunities with accounting firms.
Visit Accounting Networking & Interviewing Resources for more information on preparing for the recruiting process.